I am seeking an Application Security Engineer to join a growing Dublin based software company. The successful candidate won’t need to be living in Dublin as they can offer fully remote even post Covid.
In this role you will be responsible for providing analysis and support in evolving the organisation’s security program. Reporting to the Head of Information Security Operations, the role involves assisting in the development of procedures and controls supporting security and privacy best practices in the design and operation of a cloud-hosted enterprise SaaS solution.
The role will also involve fulfilment of ongoing security assessments for both internal and external customers, including penetration tests, risk assessments and audit responsibilities.
- Perform penetration testing and security assessments of web applications
- Monitor, review and respond to actual or potential security incidents, threats or flaws relevant to deployed technologies and services.
- Respond to customer security assessment requests made to the organisation
- Assist in the identification, evaluation and implementation of security solutions
- Work with both technical and business functions to promote awareness and best practices across the organisation to meet the goals of the security program.
- Maintain awareness of current security technologies, threats, mitigations and general security best practices
- Support development and operation of internal security awareness communications and training programs.
- 3+ years Experience in Information security operations and technical business analysis fields, preferably involving cloud-hosted infrastructure
- Experience of operating and managing vulnerability scanning tools
- Good knowledge and understanding of OWASP guidelines for application security
- Familiarity with major cloud service stacks including AWS and GCP and Heroku
- Proactive approach to problem solving with ability to report and present risks, issues and assessments to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Positive attitude and ability to work and communicate well with both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- You will need to have a keen awareness and understanding of global security threats along with relevant mitigation solutions including security awareness training and communications strategies.
For more information, please contact Ian Donnelly at email@example.com or apply below: