My Client is one of the world’s leading investment firms. They seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for their investors, the companies they invest in, and the communities in which they work. They do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Their alternative asset management businesses include the management of private equity funds, real estate funds, hedge fund solutions and customised credit strategies. My Client also provides various financial advisory services, including financial and strategic advisory, restructuring and reorganisation advisory and fund placement services.
GSO Capital Partners LP (“GSO”) is the business unit within the company that is responsible for the credit and distressed investment platform. With approximately $123 billion of assets under management, GSO is one of the largest credit-oriented alternative managers in the world. GSO seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns and capital preservation by investing in a broad array of strategies including mezzanine debt, distressed investing, leveraged loans and other special-situation strategies. Its funds are major providers of credit for small and middle-market companies and they also advance rescue financing to help distressed companies.
The Financial Accountant will be a member of the Finance team, reporting to the Finance VP responsible for the accounting, reporting and control functions of the GSO Dublin managed CLOs, funds and corporate entities.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist with the preparation of statutory financial statements, audit packs and supporting the external audit process across the corporate entities and funds;
- Assist with the management of accounts payables and receivables across a number of corporate entities & funds and working with Blackstone’s Treasury team to manage the related cash flows;
- Maintain the books and records of the relevant entities for group reporting purposes (US GAAP) and for local statutory reporting (FRS 102);
- Assist with the preparation of regulatory returns for submission to the Central Bank of Ireland, as well as ongoing monitoring of a number of key risk metrics;
- Assist with the preparation of VAT and corporate tax returns, building an understanding of the technical requirements;
- Enhance management information through various means, including trend analyses and monthly commentary on the ongoing activities of the relevant entities;
- Regular interaction with the Payroll team, assisting on the accounting for various payrolls, equity distributions and vesting events for a number of the corporate entities;
- Assist in the preparation of finance reports for the quarterly Board Meetings for the corporate entities;
- Support a robust control environment for financial reporting, to ensure compliance with relevant obligations, for example, Sarbanes Oxley; and
- Other opportunities may arise to assist the fund accounting and reporting team from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Possesses a strong academic background, including exemplary leaving cert results.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work on own initiative and manage competing priorities to tight reporting deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with great attention to detail.
- Experience of financial reporting and production of statutory financial statements an advantage.
- Strong technical accounting skills, with knowledge of US GAAP an advantage.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with immediate stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills, Oracle an advantage, capable of working on multiple systems.
- Ability to work in a small and dynamic team environment.
If Interested contact Nick McCarthy on 01 685 4414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.