Excellent Head of Legal opportunity with a global asset manager, based in Dublin.
The purpose of the Head of Legal is to provide robust and commercial legal advice to the leadership team and business and to provide direction in relation to the management and mitigation of legal risk for the UK & Ireland.
Corporate and Business Development Support - Support the CEO and business development function with effective, commercial legal advice which best protects and promotes new business development and exist ing client relationships
Residential and Commercial Legal Operations - Oversight and overall responsibility for all litigation and conveyancing matters for all operational portfolios, including but not limited to Residential and Commercial Portfolios. Manage risk for all portfolios from a legal perspective through ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory standards
General Business Support - including all Commercial Contracts and Litigation - Overall responsibility for negotiation and delivery of commercial contracts. Partner effectively and commercially across all the business to provide quality advice whilst ensuring minimal risk.
Leadership & Team Development - Lead the team towards achieving the goals of the department. Ensure the ongoing and appropriate development of staff to enable them to achieve their full potential and ensure the business has the organisational capability to respond to current and future challenges. Create and maintain a positive culture within the group. Ensure “living the values” of the organization is the status quo
Skills & Experience
- Solicitor qualified to practice in Ireland with minimum 10 years PQE (esse ntial)
- A Degree in Business or Law (desirable)
- Broad experience in Financial Services with experience in asset/loan deleverage an advantage.
- Exposure to commercial and residential lending, insolvency, restructuring and conveyancing (essential)
- Proven track record and experience in negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts (essential)
- Supplier contract expertise (essential)
- Experience as in house Legal Counsel in Financial Services (desirable)
If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact our Legal Recruitment Manager, Megan Shannon on 016854414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org