What does our client needs help with?
There is an opportunity for an individual in the Finance team to utilize their skills as a technical accountant but additionally utilize their strategic thinking and business acumen. The need for attention to detail, careful and in-depth analysis and thorough understanding of month end processes are vital to this role as the nature and structure of our institution means they play an important role as this data and input can influence business decisions.
What you will do?
- Preparation of month-end Management Accounts for significant trading entities of the business.
- Analysis and reporting of monthly Profit and Loss account movements
- Full ownership of balance sheet control and reconciliation
- Responsible for statutory filings (Statutory Accounts, VAT, Statistics returns, etc)
- Involvement in group consolidation process
- Implementation of transfer pricing policies within the group
- Lead ERP implementation activities for your responsible entities
- Deal with internal and external audit queries
- Work with local and globally based Finance team to drive systems change and process improvement initiatives
- Involvement with M&A activity as arises
- Finance aspects of merger, liquidation and dissolution of entities
- Other Ad-hoc team tasks
- Education and expertise
- ACA/ ACCA qualified
- Solid and reputable track record of preparation of month-end management accounts for significant trading entities of the business.
- 2.1 degree or equivalent preferred (but not exclusively) from an Accounting/Business background
- In-depth technical knowledge of GAAP reporting requirements
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Solid expertise in Microsoft Office products and particularly strong expertise in Excel (e.g., VLookup, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Knowledge of industry practices across multiple legal entities.
Familiarity of end to end accounting procedures in a multi-national technology business would be advantageous.
Who you are:
You would be a self-motivated individual with a pro-active attitude and importantly someone who excels in a team environment. This role is visible across the whole group therefore needs someone who is confident in their communication and enjoys being driven by deadlines as this role will challenge your strong analytical skills as intricate detail is paramount to this role. You will need to be a strategic thinker with a long term focus as this is a core part of our values and overall strategy.
Who our client is?
Automation positively transforms the lives of people and business. Our clients software helps you improve decision-making, increase efficiency, simplify complex processes and empower your people. We enable financial institutions, central banks and corporations to digitize and automate their most business-critical processes. Our client is reinventing the way business is done through innovations in automation technology.
They encourage creativity by automating repetitive tasks.
They think long-term to get it right the first time
They are not limited by the status quo: They challenge boundaries, question assumptions and make transformative leaps.